Please click the to see all of the questions for the selected category. If you don't see your question, please contact us for additional information.
- Do you have a minimum order?
Yes, our minimum order is $1,000 USD.
- Do you have a maximum order?
No, we do not have a maximum but we reserve the right to request a good faith deposit on any transactions we deem significant.
- Do you have a Product Guarantee?
We guarantee all products we sell for purity and authenticity
- Can I change my order after my order is confirmed?
We typically do not allow for changed orders. However, if there are exceptional circumstances we will try our utmost to minimize any losses incurred from the transaction.
- Can I cancel my order after placing it?
Any order that is cancelled will be subject to our market cancellation policy. If any order is cancelled and there is any market loss sustained by us you will be invoiced for that amount. You will have 30 days to pay the invoice in full and no future buy or sell transactions will be permitted until any market loss is paid in full.
- What types of funding instruments do you require?
We can take bank wires, cashier’s checks, money orders drawn on the USPS, and personal checks. We can take cash up to $10,000 on any single transaction.
- Where and how do I wire funds?
Upon completing a transaction we will send you a confirmation that will include our bank name, ABA, and routing number.
- When will prices be locked on any transaction?
Prices will be locked when you place an order with us either in person or verbally.
Buy Transaction FAQ’s
- What happens when I have items I want to sell?
Call our offices and set up an appointment to appraise your items, or we can quote you current market prices over the phone. All items must be thoroughly evaluated to confirm their condition and authenticity. To enable us to do this you can either drop your items off at our office, or if more convenient, you can ship them to 241 Boston Post Road, Suite 5, Wayland, MA 01778.
If you choose to ship the items we suggest you securely package them and send them via the USPS Registered Mail with a signature required for your protection.
- How long will it take for me to receive payment?
Once we receive the item and ensure its authenticity you will typically receive payment within 5-10 business days.
- What items do you buy back?
We have the ability to buy back most bullion products whether or not they were purchased through our dealership. We are not obligated to buy back product but we will make every attempt to give a fair and reasonable price to anyone who has items they would like to sell to us.
- What happens if I do not ship the item after a price has been confirmed?
You will be liable for any market loss we incur on the transaction and will be prohibited from doing any business with us until the loss is reconciled.
- What happens if the items I am selling to you are not in the condition that they were represented to be in?
We have the right to inspect, test, and return any and all items that are not in perfect condition.
Sell Transaction FAQ’s
- How do you wrap your packages?
Our packages are wrapped in non-descript packaging such as tightly packed corrugated boxes so as to give no indication of the package content.
- How is an order shipped?
Orders are shipped registered USPS or via UPS.
- How soon after we consummate a deal will I receive my items?
Packages will usually arrive within 5-10 business days after your order placement and funds clearing depending upon shipping method chosen.
- Is my package insured while in transit?
All items are fully insured at declared market value while in transit. Once you sign for the items from the carrier they are no longer under our insurance policy and become your responsibility.
- Can you ship to a Post office box?
Not at this time.
- Do you work only domestically or internationally as well?
We are currently doing business in the USA only.
- Global Shipping Options?
MetroWest Precious Metals now offers global shipping services. Precious metals purchased through MetroWest Precious Metals, or other sources can be shipped anywhere in the world. To help us execute the shipping of your precious metals in a safe and timely manner, we have established a relationship with one of the premier precious metals logistics and storage companies in the world. They pioneered the industry for high value item transport. If you have an interest in shipping any of your precious metals we would be glad to assist you in getting your assets to the geography and jurisdiction of your choice. Please call is with any questions you may have regarding international storage options and the relationships we have with depositories in and out of the USA. We can be reached at 508-508-276-1568.
- Are these transactions taxable?
We do not do any tax reporting on any transactions we complete but encourage our clients to speak with their accountants regarding any tax liabilities that emerge from purchasing or selling precious metals.
- What reporting requirements do you have as dealers or do we have as buyers of precious metals?
We have to comply with all local, state and federal reporting requirements including Forms 8300 and 1099-B.
- Do you have an Anti-Money Laundering Plan?
Yes. We are subject to the Patriot Act and have a full compliance program and compliance officer.
- Are you financial advisors and do you need any licenses to buy and sell precious metals?
We are not financial advisors and we do have licenses from the town of Wayland. There are no federal or state licenses required of dealers in the state of Massachusetts at this time.
Compliance, Reporting and Tax FAQ’s
- Can you store items for me?
We can store items for our clients under our master account at two different depositories within the USA and one in Canada.
- Do you have all items in stock that you are selling?
We keep a limited inventory of high turnover products that allow us to fill smaller orders quickly and have access to most other products through the inventories of our multi-billion dollar wholesalers.
- Do appointments have to take place at your offices in Wayland or can they be done elsewhere?
Appointments or consultations can take place elsewhere but we encourage any prospective clients to come see our physical location to establish added comfort with who we are and how we do business.
- How do you test the items you purchase to make sure everything is legitimate?
We purchase items through very reputable wholesalers and have our own sophisticated testing equipment for any item we think is questionable.
- What makes you different than all the other bullion dealers out there?
The way we do business, the fact that we invest side by side with our clients, and that we are personally willing to randomly audit our clients’ holdings on any scheduled trips we make to the depositories.
- How much does your company make on transactions or mark up the products you sell?
The bullion business is a very low margin, high volume business and our margins will range from 1% on the largest trades up to 5% on the smallest trades.